[CT Birds] EARED GREBE and misc.-Greenwich

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:58:48 EDT 2014

The EARED GREBE was still present today at the same location. Incoming tides seem to be the best time for viewing.

1- Alcid species on  L.I Sound. South side of Eagle pond (Eagle Pond lookout.) The bird was extremely far out and working its way towards Rye.

15- Wood Duck in Greenwich cove.

2- Green-winged Teal (pair) about 100 yards offshore by the Grebe. (Weird place for them.)

I forgot to mention yesterday that I also had 28 Green-winged Teal in a puddle between the runway and the marsh at Sherwood.

Sent from my iPhone