[CT Birds] Farmington 2 Tundra Swans

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Mar 21 21:40:13 EDT 2014

Passing this along.

 From SH Johnston:
03/21/2014 -- Farmington Meadows - 2 TUNDRA SWANS
feeding and resting with large flock of Canada Geese. South side of
Meadow Road, beyond the model airfield, easily visibly from the parking
lot of the model airfield. The model air field is private property; do
not go beyond the parking lot. I did not see any yellow on the bill of
either bird, but the size relative to the Canada Geese, and the
relatively small size of the bill (compared to what I would expect on
Trumpter Swan) sway my ID toward Tundra rather than Trumpeter.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT