[CT Birds] Sherwood Island and vicinity

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Sat Mar 22 19:21:25 EDT 2014

Spent some time this afternoon at Sherwood Island, Westport.  No odd geese were found, but there was a Merlin over the beach and Gannets offshore.  Most notable was a FOY Mourning Cloak.  At Nearby Compo Beach, we had some flyby Tree Swallows.  Lots of Goldeneyes and Oldsquaw in the choppy Sound.
Nice surprise when we returned home to Norwalk was a Woodcock in our very suburban yard-  last weekend we had one in the same place but thought that was a fluke.

-Sean Murtha

www.seanmurthaart.com