[CT Birds] Hamden: FOY Osprey & Rusty Bb

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Mar 21 18:54:03 EDT 2014

From Arthur Shippee:
03/21 - Hamden:  North Lake Dr. -- 12 Rusty Blackbirds, 6:15 PM

Along with similar number of male Red-winged Bb;  largest flock I've seen for a while;  I've seen singles or a few most of the time for a while.

Also, FOY Osprey patrolling upper Lake Whitney (Flo, nb) -- the current through the upper lake is open, but there's still lots of ice around.  I don't expect our peepers, in a neighboring kettle hole, for a while yet.