[CT Birds] Old Saybrook-Portland

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sat Mar 22 21:58:36 EDT 2014

>From Hank Golet
3/22, Old Saybrook, North Cove, 19 CANVASBACK, around 100 SCAUP,,,I believe most if not all were Lesser

Portland, Wangunk Meadows, I counted around 140, that's 140 Great Blue Heron nests with 90% occupied.

>From the junction of Rt 17A and 17, go on 17 north about a mile  and going up a hill there is a pull off  on the left with a sign that says DO NOT BLOCK GATE.  Follow the only dirt road about a mile in.

TUNDRA SWAN was right off the parking spot on Cove Rd. There were two Mute Swans nearby  Around 1:30