[CT Birds] Hamden: half-dozen Fox Sp., + Rusties

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Mar 28 14:39:55 EDT 2014

From Arthur Shippee:
03/28 - Hamden:  North Lake Dr. -- 6 Fox Sparrows, 2 Rusty Blackbirds

NB:  1) where these Rusties come is not really public-access and 2) they come to the feeder very sporadically.  While one might try the Hamden Land Trust parcel at Servoss & Mather, I'm sorry that I can't be a better host.  If they're still at the Zipp's, there's a public path with good viewing, so you might reach out to them.

That was this morning;  also circled upper Lake Whitney about noon.  Highlights:  FOY Phoebe, & Golden-crowned Kinglet (Flo:  both RWA), & Green-winged Teal, along with dozens of Juncos.  Also, FOY turtle (box?).  Lots of noise.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: do-not-reply at ebird.org
> Subject: eBird Report - Lake Whitney, Mar 28, 2014
> Date: March 28, 2014 at 1:41:51 PM EDT
> To: ashippee at snet.net
>
> Lake Whitney, New Haven, US-CT
> Mar 28, 2014 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM
> Protocol: Traveling
> 1.5 mile(s)
> Comments:     Also, saw FOY turtle, box I think -- although not much sun!
> 31 species

	[X signifies presence, I wasn't counting individuals.]