[CT Birds] Bird feeder recommendation

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at comcast.net
Sun Mar 30 12:39:01 EDT 2014

My triple tube feeder bought years ago from Have a Heart has finally cracked beyond repair.  It has a sturdy metal dome top and feeder tray.  Doing research online to replace it, I'm finding Perky Pet and Opus feeders that are entirely made out of plastic (except the feeding station rungs) and there are terrible customer reviews about the threads at feeder top stripping quickly (presumably because they're plastic, not metal as mine is) and the bottom tray falling off.  Also many reports of squirrels eating through the plastic dome, which they cannot do on mine since it's metal.

If anyone can give me a recommendation of what to buy, I'd really appreciate it if you would contact me offline.

Thanks,
Barbara Garrett
Shelton