[CT Birds] Two upcoming Stewart B. McKinney NWR programs

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Mon Mar 24 09:40:43 EDT 2014

Dear CT birders,

  I wanted to let you know about two upcoming programs that the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge is offering:

Presentation: TICKED OFF! - Invasive Plants and Lyme Disease - A Surprising Connection

On Thursday March 27th at 6:30 join Dr. Scott Williams from the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station as he talks about the invasive plant Japanese Barberry and its strong connections to ticks, deer and the spread of Lyme Disease. Learn how to identify this nuisance plant that has invaded the backyards and backwoods of our state and see what can be done to control it. Location: Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge - 733 Old Clinton Road, Westbrook. Exit 64 off I-95.

Presentation: Invite Birds and Butterflies to Your Yard

On Thursday April 10th at 6 pm, join Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge staff as they lead a how-to presentation on attracting songbirds, hummingbirds, butterflies and other interesting creatures  to your back yard. Two free information booklets will be provided to the first 30 attendees. Location: Westbrook Public Library - 61 Goodspeed Drive, Westbrook.

Call Visitor Services Manager Shaun Roche at 860-399-2513 for more information on these or other public programs.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe

Advocacy Chair
Friends of the Stewart B. McKinney NWR

Audubon CT