[CT Birds] Good day for ducks

Chris Bosak bozclark at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 24 23:09:28 EDT 2014

3-24-14 -- Good day for ducks on Monday, highlighted by a Redhead (and Hoodies, Wood Ducks and Ring-neckeds) at Spring Grove Cemetery in Darien. It's a very small pond so I was surprised to see it there. (Photos at www.birdsofnewengland if any one is interested.)
Earlier in the day there were Common Mergansers (and Hoodies and Ring-neckeds) at Selleck's/Dunlap Woods in Darien. First time I've seen Common Mergansers there and I've been birding there for years.
On Sunday there were two pair of Northern Shovelers on Holly Pond in Stamford.

Chris Bosak