[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Mar 25 21:31:51 EDT 2014

Passing these along.

 From Joan Tinson:
Glastonbury 2PM sitting in my garden eyeing the bird feeders an adult
northern goshawk.

 From SH Johnston:
03/25/2014 --
Farmington Meadows, Farmington - 10
 SNOW GEESE. 8 adults and 2 subadults. (increase from 8 individuals on
3/24) All white morph. Feeding with Canada Geese on north side of Meadow
 road, in the community garden (which, sad to report, was completely
mown bare in the fall, eradicating formerly productive sparrow habitat).
 Lake, Farmington - 3 COMMON GOLDENEYE, 1m, 2f; first time I've seen
these in this location. Many Hooded Mergansers and a few Common
Mergansers, along with many Canada Geese. Riverside Cemetery quiet
today; no sign of the Canvasbacks.
Avon, Thompson Brook where it
crosses Tillotson Farm Road - 1 possible CACKLING GOOSE in with about
two dozen Canada Geese. I got a quick look as it raised its head from a
sleeping position, then tucked back in; it was hard to discern field
marks, but it seemed small next to the Canadas.

 From Claudia Horwatt:
10 Snow Geese feeding in the open corn fields on Meadow Road, Farmington, CT 3/25 @ 5:30pm

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT