[CT Birds] ALERT Osprey with Plastic Bag around Leg!

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 10:53:04 EDT 2014

I'm posting this on behalf of Christine from a Place Called  Hope.

ALERT! There is a female Osprey with a plastic bag wrapped around her leg along the Neck River in Madison... Will only be able to help her once she becomes entangled so we need all eyes on the look out. Ideally, she will get the bag off of her leg, but it has been on her for two days already. She is fully flighted. This all too common problem is a growing concern. If you come across any birds entangled that need rescue, please call A Place Called Hope at 203 804-3453

The bag appears to be weighted down as well.  Not a good situation.  You can view a photo at Connecticut Birds on facebook.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT