[CT Birds] Posting Rules for CTBirds

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Apr 1 17:31:57 EDT 2014

Below is a reminder of the rules posted on the CTBirds subscription page*.  Please read them over and take them to heart, in particular the one that starts "Some birds should not be posted for the good of the bird."

The intent is for this list to be only “lightly” moderated, but there are a few rules, and they are likely to change over time as the list evolves.

* New subscribers will not be able to post to the list until a moderator is satisfied that the subscription comes from a person, not a spam robot. We will try to respond to new subscriptions within 24 hours. You will begin receiving messages immediately.

* This is a text-only list.  Special fonts and most formatting will be lost, so it is best to send plain text messages in the first place.  File attachments are not permitted.

* CTBirds encourages the open discussion of Connecticut birds and birding. In general, we ask that participants limit their messages to matters related to birds and birding within our state, although information about bird-related issues in other states that may interest Connecticut birders are welcomed.

* Some birds should not be posted for the good of the bird.  This includes day-roosting owls - Eastern Screech, Great Horned, Barred, Barn, Long-eared and Northern Saw-whet.  It also includes nesting birds, particularly directions to nests.

* All messages should be signed with your name and town.

* This is a family-oriented list.  Proper language is expected, and personal disagreements should be handled off-line, not on the list

Thanks!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CTG