[CT Birds] Stamford Area 4/2/14

B Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Wed Apr 2 09:40:24 EDT 2014

Morning of 4/2/14...

Still a good number of Scaup off Stamford Ave (conservatively 5000), numbers seem to be slowly decreasing compared to last few days. There were 3 beautifully plumaged Horned Grebes close to shore. Also had 2 Great Egrets.

Following what looked like a big migration on radar last night, I had my FOY (in CT) 2 Brown Creepers, 2 Eastern Phoebes, 15 brilliant Golden-crowned Kinglets at the newly renovated Rosa Hartman Park (a work in progress)...lots of birdsong!

FYI for those interested and not aware: there is a wonderful exhibit of original Audubon artwork along with a complete elephant-folio on display at the NY Historical Society through May. Check the website for further details. Worth a visit!!!

Brenda Inskeep in Stamford