[CT Birds] FOY Phoebe milford

Winifred Wirth wirthwitte at att.net
Wed Apr 2 15:46:40 EDT 2014

Saw FOY Eastern Phoebe in my yard this morning.  Also exciting, a Brown Creeper and Golden-crowned Kinglets flitting in a tree. Still have one Junco and 5 White Throated Sparrows at my feeder. Have had a Hermit Thrush at my suet daily since 2/27 (Bold! Ground-feeds within a foot of squirrels!)  Fox Sparrows seem to have moved on: first sighting all season on 3/1(the day they hit Sherwood), 3/13 and 14, and last sighting  on 3/17.  House Finches are all coupled up, sitting close together in pairs, front yard and back.