[CT Birds] Tree swallows - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 3 12:27:58 EDT 2014

Decided I had better get to cleaning out my eastern bluebird/tree swallow and house wren nesting boxes on the property here this morning. I know I should have cleaned these boxes out at the end of the 2013 nesting season. As I started cleaning out the eastern bluebird/tree swallow nesting boxes in the field below the house I noted a tree swallow coming out of one of nesting boxes I had not gotten to cleaning yet. As I cleaned out this particular box the tree swallows checked out the boxes I had just cleaned out. I hope the tree swallows approved of the cleaned out boxes. Red-tailed hawk hanging around the field. I am very sure I also heard juncos singing. Spring is here.

David W Babington
Washington, CT