[CT Birds] Question about starlings

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Apr 4 12:51:32 EDT 2014

Good question!  I recall, last year I think, someone reported a very early Phoebe, and it was suggested that it was a Starling instead.  I await further wisdom eagerly.

With Blue Jays doing knock-out Red-tailed Hawks and Gulls, and Mockingbirds doing everything including the kitchen sink (maybe the disposal?), birding by ear is a tricky business.