[CT Birds] Rocky Neck Herons

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Fri Apr 4 23:35:35 EDT 2014

Exited 95 at Rocky Neck Connector today (exit 72) and again noticed some
very large birds in the trees along the marsh. For the past few days I thought
they were Vultures but today I had bins in the car.

They were great Blue herons. One active nest with a pair nest building.
Another large nest nearby with no activity.

Took a swing through the park..they are resurfacing the original road and
are directing traffic down the campsite road which is along the marsh. Great
birding.

Maryann in Niantic</HTML>