[CT Birds] Nature's Mystery

Paul Cianfaglione pgcianfaglione at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:36:28 EDT 2014

 A few years ago, I suggested that the off shore feeding frenzy was not the
result of plankton but small bait fish. At that time, my suggestion was
roundly criticized. But based on Frank's recent observation, I'd like to
rehash my thoughts and suggest that the bird feeding-frenzy was possibly
initiated by bait fish surface activity. When the bait fish themselves were
pursued by larger fish, bird and bait fish activity moved on to other
locations along the coast. That's my unpopular take on it.

Paul Cianfaglione
Canton