[CT Birds] 4/5 3pm Snowy Owl fly-by West Shore and Re: Nature's Mystery

Colleen Lord clordtalbot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:29:24 EDT 2014

Regarding the gulls, I still have thousands daily in Woody Crest.  They disappear around high tide but always come back. Not sure how that fits into any of the feeding theories but Frank asked for input from folks on the coast, so there ya go. :)

Also, I was standing on my sea wall a few minutes ago enjoying the resident RB Merganser family when suddenly a gorgeously marked SNOWY OWL flew along the shoreline towards me not twenty feet away. I scrambled for my iPhone and got a poor shot as it headed away along the shore toward Sandy Point. This was a thrill as I jokingly have asked 'the universe' to please send a Snowy to my house. :) I've only ever seen them in Stratford before this. Today I am packing up and moving out of this beautiful Bird Haven to a spot just down the shore a bit- but what a sendoff!!

Colleen Lord
West Haven

Sent from my iPhone