[CT Birds] Question about starlings

Daisy daisye23 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 11:52:16 EDT 2014

I'm really starting to appreciate these birds more and more every day as they visit the feeder outside of my bedroom window. Now- I never really took notice before so here is my question: are they good indicators for other types of birds that are just coming back from migration? The reason I ask is because they are excellent mimics and when the red winged blackbirds were first back, that's all I heard the starlings mimicking. Now- I hear them mostly mimicking killdeer!!

~Daisy Echevarria