[CT Birds] Fox Sparrow and Ruby-crowned Kinglet at A. W. Stanley Park, New Britain, CT

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:45:00 EDT 2014

Yesterday, 4/4, I heard and then found a Fox Sparrow across the road from
the maintenance building. I didn't recognize the song and went looking for
the bird and IDed based on seeing it.

I had heard a Ruby-crowned Kinglet a few days ago but was able to see one
today, 4/5, in the oaks in the main picnic area.

An adult Red-shouldered Hawk has been active in the park the last few days.
This morning it was very vocal and moving from one side of the pond to the

Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com
Project SNOWstorm, Google Maps Wrangler - http://projectsnowstorm.org
New Britain, CT
doncrockett63 (at) gmail.com

People say believe half of what you see,
son, and none of what you hear.
                         -- Marvin Gaye