[CT Birds] Problems for Yahoo users.

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Apr 13 10:01:28 EDT 2014

Pardon me while I take a moment from birds for an important problem with the list.

This is my short-term response to a serious problem.  It is like
putting my finger in the dike; it keeps things from getting worse but it is not a fix.

Yahoo recently made a change that involves everyone using an email address
with the @yahoo.com domain and impacts every mailing list like CTBirds.  I will not try to explain the technical
details; see links at the end of this message for that.  Because of the problem, this morning over 140 users were unsubscribed
from CTBirds.  Only a few of them were Yahoo users as the end result hits everyone.  (I think I re-subscribed everyone correctly, but can't really be sure.)

When I know more I will let everyone know.

Roy Harvey (who thought he was going birding this morning)
Beacon Falls, CT

Yahoo email anti-spoofing policy breaks mailing lists