[CT Birds] Portland Fairgrounds

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:17:35 EDT 2014

4/6 - At 5:30-6:00 p.m. I saw one Wilson's Snipe and heard them calling
from an additional 5-6 locations in the muddy fields.  Well-camoflaged,
these birds!  Also 2 Great Blue Herons, 4 Mallards, 14+ Green-winged Teal,
2 (possibly 3) Wood Ducks, my FOY Brown-headed Cowbird, 50+ American Robins
(the very pale ones now, mostly), and the usual assortment of Blue Jays,
Mourning Doves, Northern Cardinals, Northern Flickers, Downey Woodpeckers
and the very noisy Red-winged Blackbirds.
And yes, Tina, I did put them on eBird.  :>)

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence."
Robert Lynd