[CT Birds] Palm warbler, Steep Rock Preserve, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 9 12:46:24 EDT 2014

Since I missed out on spring migration because of some health issues last year when I saw the posts about palm warbler and Louisiana waterthrush today I decided I needed to check my favorite spot for Louisiana waterthrush along the Shepaug River in the section of Shepaug Preserve south of Washington Depot. Did not "get" the waterthrush but when I was returning from my walk and crossed the bridge over the Shepaug River to get to the riding ring parking area I had great looks at a lovely male palm wood-warbler.

David W Babington
Washington, CT