[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 17:11:29 EDT 2014

4/9  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  10am-12:30PM,
sunny/cloudy, high tide receding.
On Marsh, by parking lot platform, 1 yellow crowned night heron, 1 Purple
martin by gourds, 4 Gadwall (2 pairs), Common grackles & Red wing black
birds, singing.
At 10AM both ospreys were on the nest.  They continue to collect grass,
branches & mud to enhance the nest.
Viewed from windows facing marsh:  6 Great Egrets,  2 other Gadwall, 15
American Black ducks, 10 Mallards, 6 Green winged teal, Red breasted
Mergansers, 11 Buffleheads, 2 Mute swans,  4 Yellow legs .
On grounds:  Mourning doves, Common grackles, American Crows, 2 male
Cardinals singing their hearts out, 1 Mockingbird, Song sparrows, House
sparrows, Starlings, Red winged black birds.
Our osprey cam is up & running for great views of the anticipated family.
We will be having a Purple Martin cam soon too.
Bev Propen, Orange