[CT Birds] Prof. Richard Prum at HAS Wildlife Series April 15

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 13:37:43 EDT 2014

The Hartford Audubon Society's Wildlife Series is pleased to present Professor Richard Prum of Yale University as our next speaker.

The Evolution of Avian Beauty
The Evolution of Avian Beauty - The lovely songs,  gorgeous plumages, and intricate display behavior of birds have  evolved, not for our pleasure, but because birds are beautiful to  themselves. The evolution of avian courtship advertisements should  be viewed as an aesthetic process based on the sensory  experiences, evaluations and cognitive choices of birds  themselves. Our speaker will explore diverse examples of avian  beauty from avian coloration, song and display behavior from  bizarre tropical forest and your backyards. Rick is a lifelong  bird watcher whose science is informed by the natural history of  birds. He is the William Robertson Coe Professor of Ornithology at  Yale University.
Location: The McAuley /  275 Steele Rd., West Hartford, CT

Programs start at 7:30 P.M.

Single Admission: Adult = $4.00, Student = $2.00

Sara Zagorski