[CT Birds] Black Vultures - I-91

jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 21:47:23 EDT 2014

New Haven - exit 8 on I-91 - 2 Black Vultures over the highway

Y'day, while walking off of Downs Rd in Hamden, I had a Belted Kingfisher
flying through the woods.  It was following a little stream (no more than 6'
wide) up the hill - chattering the whole way.

Also on that property...evidence of bird activity in relation to a new and
awful pest...one white ash was half de-barked by woodpeckers going after
emerald ash borer inside the tree.  Where we live (Prospect), you can drive
down many roads and see the same thing.  The woodpeckers really did a job
going after them, but seeing that generally means the tree is doomed.

John Triana