[CT Birds] 2 Snowy Owls at the Coastal Center

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sun Apr 13 22:42:15 EDT 2014

Hi All,

There were two snowy owls in the Wheeler Marsh behind the Coastal Center late this afternoon. Julian Hough and I saw them from the observation tower on the building. Our Purple Martins are back on the colony, and our Osprey laid their first egg last night during the Return of the Osprey Party Fundraiser at the Coastal Center. We took it as a great omen, and it really was a great time with amazing music, food and people; in fact, there were record numbers attending. Thanks to all who shared the evening with us, and to the many volunteers and board members who helped to make it possible..  I can't wait until next year!

Mondo pond was busy in the morning with Pine, Yellow-rumped, and Palm Warblers singing all around the west pond, a few ruby-crowned kinglets, and assorted other migrants...

Take care..

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Society
Coastal Center at Milford Point