[CT Birds] Lake Whitney: Blue-w Teal, Purple Martin, &c.

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Wed Apr 16 17:48:24 EDT 2014

Upper Lake Whitney (Waite & Mather, &c.), Hamden.  (Flo, some for your RWA list I think.)

Life Blue-winged Teal on Lake Whitney, hanging out with a Wood Duck couple, along with Black Vulture, FOY Barn Swallows, Purple Martin (F?) -- first for me at Lake Whitney (so huge), FOY Pine Warbler, Kingfisher (always a good bird to watch and hear), and the first successful Osprey dive I've seen.

eBird report below.

Begin forwarded message: