[CT Birds] Fountain

sffaulkner at comcast.net sffaulkner at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 20:51:01 EDT 2014

Running water does attract more birds, but any water really is welcome! I have both a running waterfall in my little pond, which the birds LOVE, and a regular birdbath, which they also enjoy.   If you feel you need to add motion, there are some really nice and inexpensive solar fountains made to go into birdbaths, so you don’t need wiring and they turn themselves “off” when they run out of juice.  You can google them, but here’s one:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/solar-bird-bath-pump

There’s also a thing called a “wiggler” that creates ripples that attract birds, using D cells:

http://www.backyardwildbirds.com/Bird-Bath-Water-Wiggler_p_2445.html

Good luck!

Sarah Faulkner

Collinsville