[CT Birds] Lake Whitney, Apr 17, 2014: B-G Gnatcatcher, Eagle

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Thu Apr 17 17:15:18 EDT 2014

Yesterday's Blue-winged Teal made it into the daily report, but today's Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher won't, although it was a "yard" first for me -- seen in Hamden Land Trust plot, Servoss & Mather.  Near by, a nice new clean hole, presumably Downy.  Also, caught F Hairy digging a hole in live oak, F & M have been at our suet.

On the lake, 2 G. Black-backed Gulls, infqt this time of year, and not many over last winter.  (Last winter, hear?)  The Egret flew around the area more than I've seen an Egret or Heron wander.  Bald Eagle, still a thrill, although presumably from the State St. nest, only a few miles away.

Again, no RUBL;  perhaps the winter's wonder is ended.

Begin forwarded message: