[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Apr 17 22:22:52 EDT 2014

Passing these along.

 From Doug Beach:
In Simsbury Thursday morning:  2 male American Kestrels hunting over the large field on the north side of  Hoskins Road (east of Clifdon Drive and west of Squadron Line Road).

 From Randall Sabia:
Redheaded woodpecker still at Cedar Hill Cemetery as indicated in the posting, spending most of its time on the ground. Per another birder here, this bird has been very reliable at the spot for the last three weeks.

 From Lisa Gagnon:
Stafford Springs. 4/17. Broadwing has been flying low around the
house and in the woods across the street calling continuously, I actually
managed to get a picture not that great though on 4/16 perched across the
street.

 From Roy Harvey:
Oxford/Monroe, Housatonic River, Stevenson Dam -- Just one Cliff Swallow identified among a small but active group of Northern Rough-winged Swallows.  The Cliff Swallows nest under the roadway that crosses the dam, but I saw only one swallow moving in and out of that area, and one on the wires with proper markings.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT