[CT Birds] New Bernd Heinrich book

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 09:03:47 EDT 2014

He has done it again...a new title, "The Homing Instinct, Meaning and Mystery in Animal Migration."  I loved Heinrich's books from the first one I read, "Ravens in Winter."  He is a prolific author, yet I have enjoyed every one of his books I had the pleasure to read.

This book should be of interest to birders. One review described his story of two sandhill cranes returning to their Alaskan nest. Heinrich was moved by their joy at seeing each other again at their nest. Though written for the layman, Heinrich's books are based on science and keen observation. Beautifully written...