[CT Birds] Hybrid mania

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Apr 23 11:08:50 EDT 2014

The hybrid herons and a host of other (mostly) CT hybrid bird species are featured in my latest slideshow.  Be sure to scroll down to see additional photos on most of the slides.
http://wxedge.com/articles/20140423hybrid_mania_

Thank you to Mark Szantyr, Paul Fusco, John Schwarz, Joseph Cala, Russ Smiley, Frank Mantlik, Charlie Barnard, Hank Golet, Frank Gallo, Amar Ayyash, Bruce Finnan, Bill Asteriades, Stefan Martin, Peter Adriaens, Jan Baert and Fran Zygmont for use of their photos for this article.

There is likely to be a part two because I didn't get to Clapper X King Rail, Yellow-crowned X Black-crowned Night-Heron and a few other possible hybrid combinations that are lurking out there.  If anyone has any photos of combination's I've missed, please send them along for part two!

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation