[CT Birds] Spotted Sandpiper at A. W. Stanley Park, April 27

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 08:41:02 EDT 2014

I had a Spotted Sandpiper at the lower pond of A. W. Stanley Park in New
Britain this morning. It made a fluttering/gliding counter clockwise pass
around the northern edge of the pond probably looking for a suitable place
to land. The water level was up slightly from last night heavy rains so it
kept continuing south around the west side of the pond when I lost track of
it. I relocated later near the end of the spillway.

Yesterday was the 1st day I saw Chipping Sparrows at A. W. I had seen them
earlier at other spots in New Britain. I also had 6-7 Northern Rough-winged
Swallows within the confines of the mouth of the spillway. It was very cool
being able to watch their maneuvers naked eye, with the birds coming within
3 feet of me.

                                Don

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com

People say believe half of what you see,
son, and none of what you hear.
                         -- Marvin Gaye