[CT Birds] COA Workshops

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Apr 24 08:16:10 EDT 2014

Attention CT Birders!

There are still spaces available for all three spring COA workshops,
including the Warbler Workshop planned for this weekend.  The Warbler
Workshop will begin at 7:30 am at the Kellogg Environmental Center in Derby.
After a brief but thorough discussion about Connecticut's most common
warblers, we'll walk the trails there and at Osborndale Park to see what we
can find.  A second walk will then be held at the nearby Racebrook Tract
property in Orange in search of additional species.  In the case of
significant rainfall, the workshop will be postponed to Sunday morning.  I
will send an email to all participants late Friday pm or (very) early
Saturday am to give notice as to whether the workshop will take place on
Saturday or Sunday.  Anyone interested in attending the Warbler Workshop
this weekend, or the Flycatcher Workshop in Lyme on May 24th, or the Vireo
and Thrush workshop on Mohawk Mountain on May 31st, should email me at
closcalz at optonline.net or call me at 203 389-6508.  The workshops should be
excellent opportunities for participants to improve their birding skills,
gain further knowledge of our local avifauna, and see some great birds.

Thanks and good birding,

Chris Loscalzo