[CT Birds] Raptor of Suburbia

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Fri Apr 25 11:41:31 EDT 2014

"Captain America's friend is in the pine tree next to the Shell station," a coworker told me. Like any self-respecting nerd, I assumed she meant The Falcon, so I checked, expecting instead to see a hawk of some kind. Instead:

Adult Bald Eagle, chilling out in a pine at the corner of Farmington + Trout Brook in West Hartford. Many patrons of the gas station and The Children's Museum got cell phone shots of him. It was cool to see the excitement his appearance ginned up amongst non-birders.

Bird in the USA,
Jonah Cohen