[CT Birds] White-throated Sparrows, Grey Treefrogs

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Fri Apr 25 19:27:39 EDT 2014

There are still a couple of White-throated Sparrows under the feeders, and they have developed almost adult songs. Not sure if they are quite ready to attract female white-throats, but they did attract my attention. It seems mighty late to still be hosting them; at our house in South Windsor they would have been gone by now. And we are further south here. I had the thought that perhaps the white-throats that overwintered here have left some time ago and that these could be returning migrants passing through. Any opinions on this-or actual knowledge?
Also, first batch of Grey Treefrogs were singing today.

Rob Mirer