[CT Birds] Eastern towhees - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 26 14:52:15 EDT 2014

Finally have eastern towhees in my neighborhood here in Washington, CT today (Saturday, 26 April 2014). A pair of eastern towhees at the intersection of South St and Nichols Hill Road here in Washington, CT and a solo male eastern towhee about 200 yards east on Nichols Hill Road from where the pair where. This location for the solo towhee is where Nichols Hill Road dips down to where Battle Creek Brook goes under Nichols Hill Road. Sometimes get one my first gray catbird of the year here but not today.  The male ring-necked pheasant was back by my bird feeder here on Friday, 25 April 2014.
David W Babington
Washington, CT