[CT Birds] White-throated Sparrows

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 11:06:07 EDT 2014

You don’t cite the town in which you live, but unless you are in the NW corner of CT (or a few other locations-as given by that ancient document, the CT Breeding Bird Atlas), they are unlikely to nest near you. But the question I asked last week on this forum is: are you sure that these White-throats are the same individuals that overwintered at your house, or could they be migrants on the move through? And are all the birds showing a white supercillia, or are there some tan-striped individuals?

Rob Mirer
Moodus

My 6 feeder (ground-feeding) White-throated Sparrows that I've had since December still here.  Most have changed their plumage to the bright white and yellow.  I also am seeing some instances of aggressive charging-at behavior I didn't see before. I didn't see them in my yard last summer so they didn't nest here, but maybe they're thinking about it this year?