[CT Birds] Mixed flock of swallows at AW Stanley on 4/28

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 12:38:41 EDT 2014

I had a mixed flock of 10-12 swallows over the lower pond at AW this
morning. Barn & Tree were definite. Might have been some Northern
Rough-winged also but not positive on that. Had the sun in my eyes looking
over the pond and so the positive IDs came when the birds swung in behind
or beside me on the shore next to the spillway.

Still have White-throated Sparrows in the park but I'm expecting them to
leave shortly. I think there are still Juncos around too but I'm more
cautious IDing them "heard-only" now that there are Pine Warblers around.

                   Don

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com

People say believe half of what you see,
son, and none of what you hear.
                         -- Marvin Gaye