[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri May 2 20:55:23 EDT 2014

Passing these along for some Yahoo users.  (At the moment we see no near-term resolution of the problem that prevents users with @yahoo.com addresses from posting to CTBirds.)

 From Susan Thomsen <c_spaghetti at yahoo.com>
Subject: Sherwood Island , Westport
Sherwood Island State Park, 9 a.m., May 2
 Highlights: Yellow Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warblers (small group), Brown Thrasher, Greater Yellowlegs, Gray Catbirds.  (3).

 From Flo McBride <fmcb_warbler at yahoo.com>
Subject: B-t Blue at Johnson's Pond, Hamden

Hamden, Spring Glen, Johnson's Pond - Late this morning, after watching a few species of warblers and hearing some vireos and my FOY Baltimore Oriole in East Rock Park, I enjoyed hearing and then seeing a male Black-throated Blue Warbler at this small land trust property here in Hamden.  The only other warbler found during my brief stop there today was a Yellow-rump.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT