[CT Birds] Hidden Gems Walk: White-rumped Sandpiper

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sat May 3 12:31:05 EDT 2014

Good Morning everyone,

This mornings' Hidden Gems Walk went well: There were 2-3 White-rumped Sandpipers at the Coastal Center feeding in the marsh with 200 Least Sandpipers, 15 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 5 Lesser Yellowlegs, 7 Greater Yellowlegs, 6 Dunlin, 3 Eastern Willet, 15 Semipalmated Plovers, and 5 Black-bellied Plovers. A dozen purple martins were on our new gourd trees. A pair of enterprising tree swallows were trying to gain a gourd for themselves. The pair of Blue-winged Teal continue in the marsh. Mondo Pond added a few new migrants this morning; Wood Thrush, Veery, Prairie Warbler, and N. Parula. There were quite a number Baltimore Orioles, a couple of Eastern Kingbirds, a N. Waterthrush, and assortment of other warblers. Warbling Vireos were well represented.  Next Saturday, we'll be visiting one of my favorite birding sites in Milford, Wilcox Park. For a program list and details, check our webpage at www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>. See you soon.

Frank

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
1 Milford Point Road