[CT Birds] white throats correction

wirthwitte at att.net wirthwitte at att.net
Mon Apr 28 12:25:16 EDT 2014

Oops-I forgot my name and place!!! I'm in Milford, so no, not NW, and no, they didn't nest here last year.  Same birds? Could be new, migrating birds- but why are there still 6? (The number varied from day-to-day and week-to-week all winter but was frequently 6.)  And there is now a much higher % of white/yellow individuals, but I thought maybe the brown ones could have been juveniles who have now matured into breeding plumage.  Is that something that would occur at this time of the year?  Please advise.  Certainly these could be replacement migrating birds. At any rate, this is later than last year for sighting at my feeder. Winie Wirth, Milford