[CT Birds] Falcons at northwest park and red headed woodpecker update

John Flynn flynnjohn at me.com
Mon Apr 28 16:16:41 EDT 2014

Today I photographed 2 American kestrel from a blind who have been regular visitors at northwest park. Also found was a merlin, bald Eagle flying unusually low (it is nesting in area, any info on the nest would be appreciated), hermit thrush, brown thrasher, blue gray gnatcatcher and numerous pine warblers.
Yesterday I relocated the red headed woodpecker and spoke to a gentleman who said the bird was first located a month ago although the bird was only reported two weeks ago.
John Flynn