[CT Birds] Chimney Swifts - New Haven

Mark Aronson markaronson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:29:38 EDT 2014

Given that Chimney Swifts have become a bird of concern, I should note they
have returned to Chapel and York Streets in New Haven.  This evening around
7:30PM they were in full force, a gathering of several hundred, if not a
thousand, swirling about and doing their thing.  I see them here, above the
buildings behind the Yale Center for British Art every year at this time.
 I've assumed some must nest in the chimneys and flues in this
neighborhood, but I'm just guessing.  They are always impressive in these
numbers and quite loud.

mark aronson