[CT Birds] River Rd, Kent

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri May 2 12:47:26 EDT 2014

Passing this along.

 From Greg Hanisek, Bruce Finnan

Kent, River Road - Everything other than Blue-headed Vireo, Palm Warbler and Yellow-rumped Warbler were resident species, but several were new arrivals, probably overnight. These were 1 Least Flycatcher, 2 Eastern Kingbirds, 1 Great Crested Flycatcher, 2 Veerys, 1 Wood Thrush, 1 Gray Catbird, 2 Ovenbirds, 3 Yellow Warblers, 1 American Redstart, 2 Baltimore Orioles. Several earlier migrants were well-established on territory: 12 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, 10 Warbling Vireos, 12 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 2 Hermit Thrushes, 11 Louisiana Waterthrushes, 21 Black-and-White Warblers. We also enjoyed a Barred Owl chorus. We got one going with vocal imitations, and as often happens it started up 5 or more minutes after we stopped calling. Then a second one answered that one across the river and a third called briefly up the river.

(And then another note came from Greg.)

Add 1 Yellow-throated Vireo to the overnight arrivals.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT