[CT Birds] Assorted reports, East Rock Park

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri May 2 13:18:08 EDT 2014

Passing these along.

 From Mark Scott: 5/2/14 -- East Rock Park, Hamden, with Dan Barvir, Roy
Harvey, Judy Moore, John Oshlick and Ed Sadowski -- among other
species, great crested flycatcher; warbling and blue-headed vireos; wood thrush; gray catbird; ovenbirds, Northern waterthrushes, common
yellowthroat; yellow, worm-eating and black-and-white warblers; scarlet
tanager; Baltimore and orchard orioles. Birds found in various parts of
the park, including the Giant Steps.

 From Mark Scott: 5/2/14 -- Beaver Ponds, New Haven -- warbling vireo, yellow warbler
5/2/14 -- Back yard, New Haven -- great crested flycatcher, ovenbird

 From Roy Harvey, with a variety of others as there were birders everywhere:
New Haven & Hamden, East Rock Park -- My list of warblers included Northern Waterthrush, Worm Eating Warbler, and up on Trowbridge Hooded Warbler and Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Other FOY for me included Baltimore Oriole, Red-eyed Vireo, Warbling Vireo.  (I heard about but missed American Redstart and Northern Parula.)
New Haven, Edgerton Park -- FOY Ovenbird, and a dozen or so Cedar Waxwings.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CR