[CT Birds] FW: Big Day Challenge Fundraiser

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sat May 3 12:19:41 EDT 2014

Dear Friends,

Between May 19-21, our Big Day Birding Team, The Raven Luna-ticks, will attempt to find 200 species of birds within Connecticut, in 24 hours, to raise money for Connecticut Audubon Society's Coastal Center at Milford Point. We hold the State record with 192 species, and we hope to finally pass the elusive 200 mark while raising more than $5000 for the Coastal Center. Below is a link to the event and to an online donation page. Please contact me if you would like a pledge form to mailed in. More information is available on our webpage at www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>.  As always, we greatly  appreciate your support of the team and the Coastal Center.

Our success is always based on the wonderful generosity of the birding community. We will be scouting over the next couple of weeks, and we need and welcome reconnaissance on the locations lingering waterfowl, including grebes, loons and coots; uncommon breeding species such as, Sora and king rail, hooded merganser, teal,  white-throated sparrow, purple finch, junco; and nesting owls and raptors, especially Barn Owl, kestrel, broad-winged, and sharp-shinned hawks. Grassland and shrubland species, such as, Eastern meadowlark, horned lark, white-eyed vireo, brown thrasher, and yellow-breasted chat are always welcome. We will keep the locations of sensitive nesting sites secret.  Please contact me off the list at fgallo at ctaudubon.org<mailto:fgallo at ctaudubon.org>.

Warm regards and thank you!

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
1 Milford Point Road
Milford, CT 06460
Phone: 203-878-7440 x 501
Web: www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>
fgallo at ctaudubon.org

Milford Point Coastal Center
2014 Connecticut Big Day Birding Challenge<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0016Eg2ne2PGfNZ839XAGg5Z5tZ1VGk5k3Y-pbudbffZpsJLl7Awnm0wXF7x7dp8Mhm5haQYxLHcl24-B5En4yeaOCQFSZqxWNtrv6BcTNGdWXS-q6G7h_RiV06EWr-gMQmOL82Amtm5BCv4_TG0SPT25tDvgIHE_Y0BKVmybPAOZw=> - One day, May 19-21
Help our team, the Raven Luna-ticks, raise $5000 in 24 hours for our Connecticut Audubon Society's Milford Coastal Center, by pledging your support! Pledge on line<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0016Eg2ne2PGfNZ839XAGg5Z5tZ1VGk5k3Y-pbudbffZpsJLl7Awnm0wXF7x7dp8Mhm5haQYxLHcl2CCaKVwrfhceqd9P7hXdRO7f2N2sAPhxFXOU9B4ePaZ29251DKnUbcAbPr0uHwN6jx7mXEh7Phg1WKz0iFBgJQ> or click the 2014 Connecticut link above for detail on our webpage. We thank you!