[CT Birds] Odd Pair plus sugar water

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 07:27:14 EDT 2014

Had both a junco and a ruby-throated hummer yesterday at my feeders.

I make sugar water for my hummer feeders. I had been using the usual bag of granulated sugar from the market. While at Whole Foods I purchased some organic sugar to try. It makes a brownish liquid. Apparently regular sugar is bleached and contains some other artificial things in it. Not sure if it makes a difference to the birds, but I do not like the idea of there being chemical residues in the sugar.